Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pumpkinhead


When I was a very little kid, my dad called me pumpkinhead. I don't know why, I have a fairly average-shaped head. I did some Googling and found that it was an insult for those of obvious Polish descent. I am of Polish descent, but it ain't obvious. I think he just liked the way it sounded to say Pumpkinhead.

My friend was this for Halloween one year and wore a real Pumpkin on her head.


I've been pretty absorbed in teaching (3 classes), working (full-time, doncha know), and blogging other places (like this and this, which I'm totally psyched about).

I feel like by the time I get to this blog I'm either low and depressed or tired and just feel like I need to type something. So let's go with option 1 (and a touch of 2), shall we?

It's becoming more frequent that I feel the decisions I've made, particularly those based on instinct, were super-wrong. Like, wow, wrong road chosen wrong.

I'm trying to get some balance back in my brain, but this summer is a teeter-totter rusting from the base.

yay! fun! blog!



.

1 comment:

D.M. SOLIS said...

"...rusting from the base." How very fine indeed. Love that. Peace,

Diane