Monday, June 01, 2009

truth squad


Given the choice, I would spend the rest of my days in my pajamas, eating ice cream (mint chocolate chip) and watching tv.

There I said it.

I am not ashamed.

************

Today, in class, we were discussing a Lydia Davis story. One of my students said she couldn't get on board because in the first sentence the narrator says that she has fallen in love with a man who has been dead for several years. I didn't say it out loud, but in my mind I was thinking:


hey.

************

Given the choice, I would be married to ?uestlove:

maybe.

************

The drawback of "spring" (I say "spring" because it is maybe 50 degrees outside) is that my window is open and I can hear my neighbors being stupid and I don't know if they're kidding or if someone is going to get shot.

************

I am obsessed with this song:


I want to build a house out of bricks made out of this song and pile the bricks up so they block the windows and doors and I'm trapped inside, starving to death on the sound of this song.

************

I conjured a spirit today. Maybe it was a vision. All of it was a mistake.

************

I'm really liking Portugal. The Man

************

I spend a lot of time looking forward to sleeping, but then when it gets to be nighttime, I can't close my eyes and I stay awake until 2 or 3am and then when my alarm goes off, I curl up into a ball and cover my head with the blankets and I pretend that I am a blade of grass and I don't need to be anywhere but exactly where I am.

************

Today a moth clung to my jacket and I shook to make it fly away and then I thought how it must feel to cling to someone only to have them shake you off.

************

The other day when I was doing laundry I passed a *big* spider in the hall. He/she was chillin' on the wall and I said, "Spider, I won't kill you if you promise not to go into my apartment." Later, when I was bringing my laundry back up, the spider had moved very much closer to my door and I said, "Dammit! Spider! We had a deal!" but I didn't want to kill the spider, so I took my electric bill and I just kind of propelled it off the wall and down the stairs. I hope it survived the fall.

************

Yesterday, on the bus, the man next to me snored for three blocks.

************

Once, when I was on the bus, as I was waiting for the doors to open, the driver paused and asked me if I was okay. I must've looked real sad.

************

Apparently, "must've" is not a word.

************

Once, the train conductor stopped the train for me and that still makes me happy.

************

The highlight of my week: Mrs Bobo climbed her way onto the couch to hang out. I didn't have to coax her or hold her down and pet her saying "good girl! happy!"

************

I think that's enough for now.

************



uncanny.
and also why I watched the "Dead Like Me" movie and season 2 of "Secret Diary of a Call Girl"





I know, right?

1 comment: