Sunday, June 01, 2008

break in routine = sloth

I used to go to a local coffee shop 2-3 times a week to do some writing.

Now the coffee shop is closed and I without a cozy escape, I find myself in my apartment easily distracted by TV or Internet or my new keyboard or my knitting projects. I get out a sentence now and then, but I can't focus, can't get my brain wrapped around anything.

Aside from the sparkling, lovely, gold star, happy time note from Minima accepting a story of mine, my inbox has received about one rejection a week. I am also curious about a few non-responses. I hate non-responses. They irk me.

One of my rejection letters went something like this (not verbatim):
This is a really interesting story, but I don't like it.

eh.

I am not motivated.

I want more tattoos.

Put me in the corner and tell me I'm a sinner.
Sloth is my new middle name.





.

No comments: