Friday, April 11, 2008

Birthdays are poop for the soul

I don't like birthdays, wait, that's a lie.

I *love* other people's birthdays.
Hate my own.

Just something about being reminded that you're another year older and in the same place you were a year ago, only your job is a little shittier and fewer of your friends are around. That's all.

My friend bought me vodka. That is a good thing about my birthday.

I went shopping and used my birthday as an excuse to not care about the impact on my bank account. That is a good thing about my birthday.

Yeah, but no, I hate my birthday.


ooh! I'm going to make a list of things that other people like, but I hate:

1) Birthdays
2) Children
3) Really sunny, beautiful, gorgeous days when everyone is all "you should be outside!" even though it's 102 degrees outside.
4) "Grey's Anatomy"
5) Popcorn
6) Beets
7) Carnivorism
8) "Million Dollar Baby"
9) Wearing socks
10) Thanksgiving

you know, I think I'm going to start a new feature here and call it "Haterade" and each post will be something that I hate and I will rate my hatered will glasses of Haterade. 1 glass=not so bad. 10 glasses = totally busted.

No comments: