Friday, November 09, 2007

"Writers are a little below clowns and a little above trained seals."

I'm going to be reading (out loud and in front of people) tonight.















I am very nervous.

Mostly because it's a new story that I am very excited about, but also is a story, that for some reason, when I read it out loud in my apartment, I get some kind of southern accent, but I don't want to read it with a southern accent tonight.

What's a lady to do?

Good news is I'm wearing shiny shoes (patent leather) with bows, so that's a good thing. That and I had a burrito for lunch. Yum burrito.

But back to the reading. I mean, what makes me nervous is that I am not southern and the story wasn't written with a southern voice in my head. And I'm nervous that it will sound like I'm doing a bad imitation of a southern accent (which it would be-a bad imitation).


















ah me.

Anyway, you should come to the reading. It's going to kick ass.

Here's a link.





.

No comments: