Tuesday, October 02, 2007

if I seem a little strange, well that's because I am

Started my new job yesterday. I like the job, but I really dislike work. ho-hum, woe is me, and that's all I'm going to say about that. You know, because I'm lucky to have a job and all that.


In other news, in one of my classes, each student gave the class a "directive" similar to the idea of Learning to Love you More.

Directives included "introduce your alter ego" and "recreate an awkward social interaction and rectify it" and "create your past life, or who you were in a past life"

I really dug this assignment. After a month of sloth, it was nice to get the creative juices flowing.

My favorite directive (well, that I completed. All the directives were great) was "Create something old out of something new or created something new out of something old"

I made this:











































It's a teddy bear!

I made this guy (I named him Eugene) out of the Sunday NY Times. The idea was that the news can be really really depressing. So I wanted to make something kind and comforting out of that.

Can you dig it?




.

1 comment:

bezdomnik said...

i dig it. that is one cute teddy bear. makes the news downright cuddly