Saturday, September 15, 2007

Well, you don't have to be a pissy pants about it.

As an aspiring "writer" I have received many a rejection letter. Many.

My inbox has held the form letter:

Sorry to say that we won't be using your work this time around...


The encouraging letter:

...though there are paragraphs in this short piece that are frankly quite mesmerizing, I'm not sure...


The close, but no cigar:

...well written, but it lacked enough editor support...


And, my favorite, the rejection from Eyeshot:

Hi - this story makes me as impatient as I tend to get with anyone who is really, really inarticulate! Which is pretty cool in terms of mimicking that sort of terrible talk, experiment-wise, but the thing is, I couldn't really read it because it pissed me off every six seconds, the same as that voice would if I heard it...good luck...and try to make clear sense of a complicated world and send more stuff whenever.


But seriously, this morning was the first time that I've received a response that was downright pissy. I'm not going to post it because it's annoying.













Big Digits is a band from Boston. I saw them in teeny tiny bar and they *literally* (I do mean literally) bounced off the walls:

No comments: