Monday, September 10, 2007

new new new

I was offered a new job today. I accepted. I am very excited. I will be able to afford many new dresses.... and possibly cable (!)














However, the job doesn't start for three weeks. That leaves me with 13 days off (minus classes and a day filling in at the old job...oh, I quit the old job because I pretty much knew I would be getting this new job) to do whatever I want....This is what I did today:


Today I watched half an episode of Oprah.















Her makeup was seriously busted.



Today I drew a new robot. This is Saint Peter. I messed up, though. His nose is wonky. Also, I am working on a series of the apostles and I forgot that I was going to do all of the images in a landscape setting instead of a profile setting (horizontal instead of vertical) so this image won't fit in the frame I'm working with. Ah well.


















I do plan on also doing a sketch of Judas, but the frame only has 12 squares. I'm thinking maybe Judas will be pasted to the back or maybe I'll just add him as a small sketch in the corner of one of the other sketches. We'll see. Hey, in case you didn't know, Peter was a fisherman, hence the waves.


Today I watched the Briney Spears VMA performance four or five times. I was hypnotized by how awful and sparkely the whole thing was. Apparently, so was 50cent.


Later, I'm going to take myself on a date to see "The Bourne Ultimatum."


















I was going to call a friend so I would have some company, but then I remembered that I prefer going to movies alone. That way I get the arm rests to myself and also, I don't need to re-hash the movie after it's over. I always hate when I really liked a movie and my friend hated the movie and then I feel like a doofus.



Today I noodled around on four new stories:

"I am so into you" is about a high school slutty girl and also about a comet that is on its way to destroying earth, maybe.

"Your Friends are all Plotting Your Destruction" is about bats, or is it?

"Johnny will." is about a boy lost in the woods.

"The Good, the Bad, and the Lovely" is about missing my friend Patrick. I wish there was a way I could incorporate unicorns into the story, but I don't think it's possible for this one. Maybe next time.


Oh, and today I found this picture. It's a shot of two of my buddies from Boston, I forgot that I had added the robot heads. I love this picture.

















Now, I'm going to read.

I am currently reading "The Mystery of Numbers." It's awesome.

I'm a liar, I am actually going to watch an episode of "Psych" on the internets.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Congratulations on your new job :)