Sunday, September 16, 2007

Lighten up, it's just fashion!

New York's fashion week just ended.

I have decided to do a little review/wrap-up.

If you want to see the dresses/looks that made me throw up a little (in a good way), click on Danielle's (Dani, whatever) photo. Top Model, wuzza wut?!





















Ah, so there is life after the CW.



A disclaimer:







Onto the critiques!
(In the form of letters to the designers. Lettes that I could fit on a post-it note and stick to their bathroom mirror so they'd get the note in the morning while they were brushing their teeth.)



Dear Carolina Herrera,

Thank you for creating this dress:




















swoon.
~m.lady



Dear Alexander Wang,

Um, what were your casting directors thinking?











I'm scared.
~m.lady



Dear Philip Lim,

My good sir, what did this lovely lady do to deserve this?




















Normally, you are so kind to the ladies. Oh, I think I'm gonna be sick, there is nothing good about that.

Blarg.
~m.lady



Dear Stephen Burrows,




















Barf.

~m.lady



Dear Alexa Adams and Flora Gill,

Thank you...














...for boring me (and your models) to death.




















oh, and, honestly? It looks like her parent's wouldn't pull over to a rest stop and she wet herself real bad.

kisses,
m.lady

PS: what's up with all the beige this season?!



Dear Tracy Reese,

Did you invade my brain?





















It's like a wonderland of pretty...





















and though I oppose the hat:





















The back is genius:



















Swoon McLove, you're awesome,
~m.lady




Hey kids! Time for a little fashion week math, get out your pencils and calculators!


ready?














plus












equals























I kid. I kid.


Dear Anna Sui,

I hope you don't mind my little joke up there. You know I love you so.

Like, this ensemble, if I wore this, I would feel like a comic book super-hero:




















And this would be the dress that I would wear to the Governor's ball where I would seduce a local millionaire:




















And this would be my nemesis:




















Yipes!

xoxo,
~m.lady



Dear Brian Reyes,

You created this dress:




















which triggered me to say "pretty" out loud while sitting by myself in a coffee shop.....


However, you also created these:


































Someone, help! The Jackets have eaten their arms!


(psst, honey, I think your diaper's showing):





















ummmmm.......




















Why, Brian, why?

Sincerely,
m.lady



Dear L'Wren Scott,

I love you.







































So very much, do I love thee.

~m.lady



To the model wearing this Malandrino dress,












Those sleeves make me sad too.

~m.lady



Dear Marc Jacobs,

You know I love you very very much and this year's "Marc by Marc Jacobs" collection was lovely lovely lovely, but, I think, maybe, we need to take a little break.





















It's not me, it's you.

xoxo,
~m.lady



Dear Oscar de la Renta,





















I Do!

~m.lady


No comments: