Saturday, August 25, 2007

I'm an overachiever, I guess

Had to go to the e.r. today.

Turns out my ear infection wasn't satisfied just being a normal ol' ear infection. No no no. I have both an inner and an outer ear infection. yup. I gotta go all the way.

And everyone kept asking me to rate the pain on a scale from 1 to 10, I didn't know what to compare it to, like is 10 getting your leg cut off? or is 10 the shooting stabbing dear god kill me now pain that I was experiencing? I said it was a 5. You know, in the middle. Until I had to ask my doctor, through my sobbing, if she could give me anything for the pain. So I guess it was more like a 9 on that scale.

Oh, and also, it turns out that Thursday, the day I originally went to the doctor was the last day of my insurance. So my little sojourn to the e.r. will be all independently m.lady funded.

I guess this will help me become a *truly* tortured artist. I mean, do you think Wittgenstein had health insurance? Plato? Van Gogh? Leonard Cohen? I don't think so!

Anyway, I got a shot in my butt, ear drops and new medicine, so hopefully, this will all end soon.

Oh, and my hero forever is this lady:

















When I broke down crying, she held me close and made me feel like I wasn't alone. As a single lady who needs to go to an e.r. it's nice to feel loved. Seriously. She is my hero forever.




(I don't know how I'm going to eat this dinner in front of me. My face is so swollen, I can't bite down, but I need to eat this food or my medicine will make me vomit. I already feel like I'm going to vomit anyway. ahhh. you really wanted to read that. Good times. Saturday night! Whoo!)

No comments: