Friday, August 24, 2007

argh

22 minutes until I get to take a pain pill.

















My first memory is of an ear infection. I was being put in my crib and as soon as I (gently) hit the mattress, pain shot right through my head.

I had tympanostomy tubes placed in my eardrums to, I don't know, equalize pressure, etc, etc. Apparently, over 2 million kids per year get the tubes in their ears.

I don't know why I get so many ear infections (every couple of years).

What I do know is that they suck, big time.

So, I'm trying to bide my time until I get to take my pain pill by looking up info about ear infections to better understand my situation.

What is an ear infection? You may ask. Well, in adults it is: "caused by infection in the Eustachian tube, near the inner ear." (I found that info here.)

okay, that was boring.

The last time I had an ear infection, I was given ear drops, which, although a bit of a hassle, were also soothing. They were cold and smooth and it was the same comfort like when you put an ice cube on a mosquito bite.

This time, I was given antibiotics. These are not as soothing. I take one pill twice a day, which I don't like because, due to the pain pills, I can't really keep things straight and I forget if I've taken the pill or not.

Also, my pain pills are annoying. They give me certain "perks" of pain pills, you know, they make me loopy. But, they aren't very good at taking away the pain. The yucky yucky pain. I'm supposed to take one pill every four hours and they work for about 1.5-2 of those four hours. Ugh.

So that's my story.

Oh, screw the four hours, give me my drugs.

No comments: