Monday, July 30, 2007

Minnesota, Minnesota, we are south of Manitoba, we are East of North Dakota

We are something pretty rare.

Just got back from a 4-day visit to see my parents, siblings, and SPAMalot.

The drive takes about 7 hours door-to-door, especially if, like me, you don't drive often (ever) and you have no idea where the hell you're going except to go Northeast...I mean west.

this is me after a seven hour drive:

















And this is what I looked like when I was 12 (clip from the family photo that hangs in the dining room). I had "bangs" back then, in the photo they're clipped with barrettes hidden by the headband...I look at this photo (the hair, the shirt, the unibrow) and I think, "what the-?":

















Mom's kitchen knick-knacks (nic-naks?):





















Dog #1:

















Dog #2, his name is Fitz, thus named because "fitz" apparently means bastard:





















I love MN:














On Saturday, my mom and I went to a fabric store (Big Sale Day!) and I bought a vogue pattern at 40% off! This is my secret/covert mission photo of the patter drawer:

















Attack of the giant belt!














Naw, naw, it just cinches the dress, which used to be six inches longer until I got bored and upped the hem (side note: after being without a sewing machine for 2 years, I have found that I am much more comfortable hand-sewing hems):




















This morning, before driving on the wrong road for 20 minutes and then turning around and finally driving toward home, I had breakfast with a college friend who now lives in MN. We went to Day by Day, I had a mushroom, tomato, and spinach omelet with pumpernickel toast. yum.:
















I shall end with my homage to this photo (click the photo to go to his website):

































No comments: