Monday, July 16, 2007

mac and comfort

Well, I've just been m.lady downer lately haven't I?

apologies, apologies.

This morning I woke up, got out of bed, turned on "The View" and then went back to bed.

Then, at noon-ish, I got out of bed, took a shower, and made some comfort food, mom's mac and cheese.

When I was a kid, my mom made mac and cheese "from scratch" meaning, she never used the kind bought on the grocery shelf.

In fact, when I was about 10 years old, I went to a friend's house and her sister asked if I wanted mac and cheese and I was all "hell yeah!" (I had a foul mouth as a youth). She then hands me a clump of fluorescent orange noodle something in a bowl and I was all "what the?!" I didn't know there was another kind of mac and cheese out there.

So, this afternoon, in a woe-is-me state, I got a cookin' and here's what I made:















I hope CC is proud.

So, it tasted delicious, real real good, but not quite as good as Mom's. I tried to place what ingredient could be missing. And, of course, I realized, the missing ingredient was *love* I had been cooking for myself, partially out of woe and a need for cheesy comfort and partially out of a curiosity to see if I could "use the oven." Ahh me, the missing ingredient. Silly girl.


This is Bob Mould's new band....eh...hows about a Sugar reunion?! Yeah!!!

No comments: