Monday, June 11, 2007

last night, my subconcious mind was raging out of control, or so says the online dream interpreter

I had a dream last night that I was driving a big black suv and I saw a funnel cloud (as any midwesterner knows means danger! as in tornodo soon) so I pulled the suv into the first garage I saw and it turns out the garage was also a very modern cement home. Anyway, my friends and I hunkered down in the house and convinced the homeowners that we weren't trying to rob them, just avoiding the tornado.

I woke up with the very adamant thought that I Am A Writer!

two and two must somehow go together so I looked up the meaning of the dream at Swoon and it told me that the tornado meant that my subconscious was raging out of control.

a-ha.

In other news, I got some great advice today (sometimes, when I'm confused about writerly things, I write to Peter and he straightens me out, this time I was working on the order of my stories-I printed them out, spread them on the floor and was very confused about what to do next):

Don't always think "order," when putting these sorts of manuscripts together. Instead think "disorder," or "dischord," or in the very least "tension" between the parts.


I mean, why didn't I think of that before?

No comments: