When I went back to work on the essay I realized that I needed to break it down completely and develop it from a new place. The new essay is probably, in its current form, weaker than the first version. But by breaking it down and shifting the focus, I expect this essay to go in a clear and, well, an awesome direction. Where as the first essay would have been functional, but really, nothing special.
Think of it this way:
Essay #1 is the Neanderthal
Essay #2 is the Cro-Magnon
This is where we transition to:
This sketch from one of Darwin's notebooks and reprinted in "Newsweek."
Back in my BS (Bachelors of Science, bitches) days, I studied the science of video editing. One project required that my classmate and I spend hours upon hours upon hours upon hours editing videotape in a ve-heh-heh-ry small room together. Our hours upon hours upon hours upon hours of conversation led to my education of (on?) Asian Man Records.
- Asian Man
- They loves the small bands.
- The punks.
- Even the ska-enthusiasts have a home.
- My first delve into Asian Man (thanks JR) was Dan Potthast.
- I recommend his music.
- I HIGHLY recommend his music.
- But, I couldn't find a link to an mp3.
- So you'll have to settle with another lovely and charming group, Good For Cows. Enjoy.
btw: my birthday is in 2 weeks (logo sweatshirt with hood, small)