Thursday, December 14, 2006

'tis the season to let it snow let it snow let it snow

I bought my Christmas cards this week. I'm pulling addresses together and determining who's been naughty and who's been nice. What a jolly time of year.

A couple of weeks ago, we had our first snow. I love the morning after the first snow of winter, when the day hasn't had a chance to turn everything to dark slush and all of the lines of the world are delicately traced with ice and snow.















Of course, two days later, as I was walking over the ice-covered sidewalk (thanks neighbors! It's called salt!) I said to myself "I am soooo over winter."


The semester is wrapping up. Now, I'm not smart enough to wax poetic about accomplishments or advancements in my writing (or, my goodness, the disappointments and the failures!). I just wanted to acknowledge that time passes and all that. I'll be teaching a class next semester and that will be a shift in my point-of-view of myself. I mean, how do you chastize someone for being late and/or skipping class when, hello, I spent most of my academic career being late and/or skipping class. Do as I say, not as I do, I suppose.


In other news, I don't know if you're aware, but I'm a super-hero (as imagined by a drunk friend):

















PS: CC took care of Bob Ross while I was out of town for Thanksgiving, check out the video!

No comments: