Friday, September 08, 2006

I've got the dress and the shoes, now I just need to figure out what I'm going to read.























I'll be doing a reading in a couple of weeks.

Joining me will be my good friend, Lindsay Hunter.

The featured reader for the night will be Peter Markus. I've mentioned Peter in this blog before. I read his chapbook, "The Moon is a Lighthouse" and was so struck by the language that I wrote him an email asking for some reading recommendations. He wrote back and sent a great list of books. Now, I highly recommend writing to someone whose work you enjoy, it can only result in good (especially if you don't expect them to write back).

Check out the Calamari Press website to see more about Peter's work. And buy his books. And come to the reading.

Also, please, check out the link to the reading series that we will be a part of.


I first heard of the phenomenon that is Man Man about six months ago when I heard their cover of Etta James's "I'd Rather Go Blind" which is an *amazing* and perfect song. But now, I'm a little obsessed with this tune of theirs, which they actually wrote themselves.

No comments: