Friday, August 18, 2006

The Joy of Words

I haven't had a good night's sleep in over a week. I won't blame it all on nightmares, I only had one of those, I've been disturbed by what I would call "bad dreams."

But when you're dreaming everything seems very real and then to wake up and try to comfort yourself in a hot dark room where the air is thick and you can't quite catch your breath because the cotton sheet is so damn heavy is not easy.

When you really wake up and you're waiting for the train and you realize that, maybe, you're still a little bit sleeping, what do you do? Go back to bed?

For about an hour, when I was a senior in high school and trying to decide what to do with myself, I considered studying dreams. These nights that I wake up from some dream that I can't quite remember, I lie awake and I imagine myself in some lab wearing a drab white coat watching from the other side of a 2-way mirror while some poor volunteer kicks and punches at dreams.


In other news, I adopted a cat on Wednesday. Meet Bob Ross, he enjoys cuddling, fresh water, and windowsills.















I named him after the only person in the world who can truly make me feel completely at ease.

















I don't know much about The Black Heart Procession, except that I enjoy this song:



1 comment:

chloe said...

bob ross!!!! i love him! bring him to peru when you visit me, okay?

that is very exciting news. i also enjoy reading your blog. i miss you!

cuidate y un beso,
chlobo