Monday, July 10, 2006

Half-full / Time is on my side

I received my second encouraging rejection today. I've always known that choosing to be a writer means choosing to work at a solitary art that requires one to endure much rejection. What I didn't expect was the inspiration that I would get from an encouraging rejection.

How many encouraging rejections does it take to get to an enthusiastic acceptance?

Doesn't matter, I've been writing since I've been able to hold a pen.

Excerpt from a story that I wrote for a friend:
She’ll write a story.
“I’m gonna write a story.”
But when you open the cover and turn the pages all you’ll find are hours. And all you’ll see are days gone by you spent wishing things had been different. But if they had been different you wouldn’t be here right now. Riding in the backseat of a car with the windows rolled down, driving a little too fast with the music a little too loud. But you don’t care because this is the first warm day since a long winter and you barely remember the last blue sky. And you don’t care because, if this is the sum of all your days, you like the math.

















For a while, I was in a deep shade of blue, and then I realized, it takes time to find home.


The Dears are Canadian and this song is amazing and wonderful and would not be out of place at the end of a Hugh Grant romantic comedy when he's running through the streets of London, trying to find his Lady so he can tell her that he, he loves...her. (camera zooms out, music sweeps in, credits begin)

No comments: