Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm beginning to think that those guys who move to the Alaskan wilderness and get all their supplies (food, tp, etc) air dropped, have the right idea.

The other night, I had three nightmares and one dream. I guess it could be some kind of metaphor for writing, huh?

Maybe, it's just that some nights, a girl has three nightmares and one dream. But when that girl is a writer, she has to attach all kinds of "meaning" to it.

writers.
















A while ago, I started to write a story and, hoo-boy, was I excited about it!
But when I saw what I was writing, no good.
I put it away for a while and worked on other things.

A few months later, I picked up the story and, hoo-boy, was I excited about it!
When I saw my revisions, no good.
I put it away for a while and worked on other things.

A few months later, I picked up the story and, hoo-boy, was I excited about it!
Saw my notes, no good.
Put it away.

Tonight, I thought about the story.
And wrote a few thoughts of one of the characters, even had an a-ha moment.
Tomorrow, I am going to shut myself away in some coffee shop.
And, hoo-boy, am I excited about it!


On my 23rd birthday, I saw Vic Chesnutt play at the *original* house of blues, which then, after it closed, became a bbq joint (the food was only so-so, I hear)

Really, what girl wouldn't want to see a live performance by a quadriplegic folk singer on her birthday?

God, it was a good show.

And "is the actor happy?" is an amazing album. (this song is not on that album)

blah blah blah, m.lady, shut up

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I saw Vic Chestnutt at Will's Pub in Orlando!! That means nothing to you, but it's a real tiny dive place that gets pretty good shows. Also--he's one of the best parts in Slingblade.