Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I drew a picture of that river

I've been thinking about memory lately.

the volume turned up
you wrote in my red notebook
the sound of a shovel on the sidewalk

I've been asking people (friends, co-workers, strangers) to tell me their first/earliest memory.

I haven't written any of these memories down.

I've just been carrying them with me.

Letting them marinate in my brain and become part of my own consciousness.


Last night, I listened to some rock 'n' roll w/ my friend in his kitchen. These were also in his kitchen:










spoon face


















fork face







Yeah, I don't know.


The patch below was also in the kitchen. It is the first of the Chicago Patches!
















I like that it is held onto the fridge with dinosaur magnets. That's good stuff.


Tapes 'n' Tapes is gonna be semi-huge. Maybe they already are. I don't know. What are the kids listening to these days?


Okay, you know what? You get two Tapes 'n' Tapes songs:


Hmm, they kind of remind me of Clap Your Hands Say, Yeah. I sat at the same table as the drummer for CYHSY at a wedding reception. Nice guy.

No comments: