Wednesday, January 04, 2006

words, robots, music, and tools

I know what you're thinking....m.lady, why are you a tool (as you claimed on the first day of 2006)? Well, it's because I was writing that post while I was supposedly socializing in the slut's living room. To Muffin and the others, this made me a tool and so I took full responsibility for that. At least I'll come in handy if you have a flat tire (OH MY GOSH, I'm hilarious)

Let's talk about writing, shall we? I have lots of pics of notes that I haven't uploaded yet, so here are a few old notes:


Maybe this will be in a story some day. Not verbatim, I don't like it as is, but i like the "i put on a jacket and you put on a jacket" part



I wrote the words "the truth of age" after a visit with my parents and realized that there is a very big generation gap. I think it's going to be a title at some point. The quote is from a song by Stars. It's a good way to look at writing, I think.

I really like words. (....duh) When I find a word I don't know, I look up the definition and write it in my notebook. Then there are the words that are sort of floating around your life all the time and just deserve to be written down one more time. Like a pat on the back. I give you moribund* definition=(adj) approaching death, about to die/on the verge of becoming obsolete. (* Yes, I did post this picture a while ago, just thought you'd like the definition)



Other words deserving of props: Somnombulist, dirge, (de)fenestration, precarious, and, of course, AkiMbo.



New Years was fun as evidenced by secret room's bum as he danced on the bar:





robots.




For a while I was posting a song per post and attaching them to images. I think I'm going to start just putting a link to a song at the end of every post, this will help you if you just want an easy link to some ridiculously awesome music. Today, I am going to put a link to an mp3 blog, You Ain't No Picasso. The author(s?) made a top 20 list and I couldn't choose one to highlight. You should honestly just go and be happy for a while. I do have a few favorites, but I'll let you choose your own...uh, bliss.

  • You Ain't No Picasso (damn right)

  • No comments: