Sunday, January 15, 2006

chit-chat














The DHL man who delivers to my work has taken to calling me "little sister." He says it in kind of a singing-sigh and it really brightens my day.

















Other things I enjoy:

  • The way my friend says the word "language." He says it so he's giving each and every letter a little consideration.
  • The word "ruminate."
  • Space heaters.
  • That many of my friends have read more books/listened to more music/been to more countries than I have so hanging out with them is all kinds of "oh, wow."
  • Canoeing.
  • Postcards.
  • The line in the song "Let's Talk About Spaceships" by Say Hi To Your Mom that goes "the cadence to what she says is 'well.' " Though I misheard it as "whoa" and I think I like that better.
  • The G chord on the guitar.
  • Robots.

Alas, I did not go to the Mittens show as I claimed I would. "Why," you ask. Well, there were three bands playing that night and when I went online to check out what the other two bands sounded like (to see if my bus fare/ticket charge would be "worth the trouble") I found that the other two bands are basically audible poo. So I'm going to use the bus fare/ticket charge on buyint the cd the old fashioned way. online.

Last night, I got drunk (very very drunk) and got very little sleep. I then had to (enthusiastically) sell shoes for four hours while listening to Celine Dion. Ahh, but now I'm at home, in my pajamas, eating celery (yum) and writing to you. So this song is for me. And this song is for you.

  • Irving, "Sleepy Inside"

  • 2 comments:

    boxxo said...

    Yes. Oh dear. Yes.

    cc said...

    You got drunk without me :(...just kidding...you can get drunk without me any time.

    duh

    what?

    shhh